1. Marshall JM. Aloe vera gel: What is the evidence. Pharm J. 1990; 244: 360-2.
2. Surjushe A, Vasani R, Saple D. Aloe vera: A short review. Indian J Dermatol. 2008; 53(4): 163-6.
3. Prance GT, Chadwick DJ, Marsh J. Ethnobotany and the search for new drugs. USA: John Wiley and Sons Limited; 1994.
4. Ayensu ES, Adu A, Barnes E. Ghana: Biodiversity and tropical forestry assessment. USAID Report (Contract P1O/T641-0110-3-50035), Accra, Ghana; 1996.
5. Buckley PM, Reed BM. 045 antibiotic susceptibility of plant-associated bacteria. HortScience. 1994; 29(5): 434.
6. Misra PN, Hasan SA, Kumar S. Cultivation of aromatic plants in India. Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants; 2000.
7. Rao VR, Arora R. Rationale for conservation of medicinal plants. J Med Plants Res Asia. 2004; 1: 7-22.
8. Ahmed S, Kabir A, Ahmed M, Razvy M, Ganesan S. Development of rapid micropropagation method of Aloe vera L. Sjemenarstvo. 2007; 24(2): 121-8.
9. Kumar S, Kumar R, Khan A. Medicinal plant resources: manifestation and prospects of life-sustaining healthcare system. Cont J Biol Sci. 2011; 4(1): 19-29.
10. Weiner MA, Weiner JA. Herbs that heal. mill Valley (CA): Quantum Books. 1994.
11. Meyer H, Van Staden J. Rapid in vitro propagation of Aloe barbadensis mill. Plant Cell Tissue Organ Cult. 1991; 26(3): 167-71.
12. Leifert C, Waites W, Nicholas J. Bacterial contaminants of micropropagated plant cultures. J Appl Bacteriol. 1989; 67(4): 353-61.
13. Leifert C, Morris CE, Waites WM. Ecology of microbial saprophytes and pathogens in tissue culture and field-grown plants: Reasons for contamination problems in vitro. Crit Rev Plant Sci. 1994; 13(2): 139-83.
14. Reed BM, Tanprasert P. Detection and control of bacterial contaminants of plant tissue cultures. A review of recent literature. Plant tissue cult biotechnol. 1995; 1(3): 137-42.
15. Gabryszewska E. Identification and elimination of bacterial contaminants from Pelargonium tissue cultures. J Fruit Ornam Plant Res. 2005; 13: 101-8.
16. Sharifkhani A, Saud HM, Aziz MBA, editors. An alternative safer sterilization method for explants of Aloe vera barbadensis mill. 2nd International Conference on Chemical Engineering and Applications IPCBEE; 2011.
17. Withers LA, Alderson P. Plant tissue culture and its agricultural applications: Proceedings of previous easter schools in agricultural science, Published by Butterworths. London: Butterworth-Heinemann Pub; 2013.
18. Jan A, Bhat K, Bhat S, Mir M, Bhat M, Imtiyaz A, et al. Surface sterilization method for reducing microbial contamination of field grown strawberry explants intended for in vitro culture. Afr J Biotechnol. 2013; 12(39): 5749-53.
19. Srivastava N, Kamal B, Sharma V, Negi YK, Dobriyal A, Gupta S, et al. Standardization of sterilization protocol for micropropagation of Aconitum heterophyllum: An endangered medicinal herb. Academic Arena. 2010; 2(6): 37-42.
20. Kim M-S, Klopfenstein NB, Cregg BM. In vitro and ex vitro rooting of micropropagated shoots using three green ash (Fraxinus pennsylvanica) clones. New Forests. 1998; 16(1): 43-57.