1. Sabate J, Fraser GE, Burke K, Knutsen SF, Bennett H, Lindsted KD. Effects of walnuts on serum lipid levels and blood pressure in normal men. N Engl J Med. 1993 Mar 4; 328(9): 603-7.
2. Zambon D, Sabate J, Munoz S, Campero B, Casals E, Merlos M, et al. Substituting walnuts for monounsaturated fat improves the serum lipid profile of hypercholesterolemic men and women. Ann Intern Med. 2000; 132(7): 538-46.
3. Amaral JS, Casal S, Pereira JA, Seabra RM, Oliveira BP. Determination of sterol and fatty acid compositions, oxidative stability, and nutritional value of six walnut (Juglans regia L.) cultivars grown in Portugal. J Agric Food Chem. 2003; 51(26): 7698-702.
4. Amaral JS, Alves MR, Seabra RM, Oliveira BP. Vitamin E composition of walnuts (Juglans regia L.): a 3-year comparative study of different cultivars. J Agric Food Chem. 2005; 53 (13): 5467-72.
5. Anderson KJ, Teuber SS, Gobeille A, Cremin P, Waterhouse AL, Steinberg FM. Walnut polyphenolics inhibit in vitro human plasma and LDL oxidation. J Nut. 2001; 131(11): 2837-42.
6. Areias F, Valentao P, Andrade PB, Ferreres F, Seabra RM. Flavonoids and phenolic acids of sage: influence of some agricultural factors. J Agric Food Chem. 2000; 48(12): 6081-4.
7. Parcerisa J, Codony R, Boatella J, Rafecas M. Triacylglycerol and phospholipid composition of hazelnut (Corylus avellana L.) lipid fraction during fruit development. J Agric Food Chem. 1999 Apr; 47(4): 1410-5.
8. Leiboritz HE, Bengrson DA, Mouqle PD, Simponson KL. Effect of Artemia lipid fraction on growth and survival of Larval in Land Liver sides. Belgium: Universa press; 1987.
9. ISO-International Organization for Standardization. Animal and vegetable fats and oils-preparation of methyl esters of fatty acids. Method ISSO 5509. Geneva: ISO; 1978.
10. Wijeratne SSK, Abou-Zaid MM, Shahidi F. Antioxidant polyphenols in almond and its coproducts. J Agric Food Chem. 2006; 54(2): 312-8.
11. Wu HC, Chen HM, Shiau CY. Free amino acids and peptides as related to antioxidant properties in protein hydrolysates of mackerel (Scomber austriasicus). Food Res Int. 2003; 36(9–10): 949–57.
12. Lee KW, Lip GY. The role of omega-3 fatty acids in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. QJM. 2003 Jul; 96(7): 465-80.
13. Banel DK, Hu FB. Effects of walnut consumption on blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors: a meta-analysis and systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90(1): 56-63.
14. Li L, Tsao R, Yang R, Kramer JK, Hernandez M. Fatty acid profiles, tocopherol contents, and antioxidant activities of hearnut (Juglans ailanthifolia var. cordiformis) and Persian walnut (Juglans regia L.). J Agric Food Chem. 2007; 55(4): 1164-9.
15. Pereira JA, Oliveira I, Sousa A, Ferreira IC, Bento A, Estevinho L. Bioactive properties and chemical composition of six walnut (Juglans regia L.) cultivars. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008; 46 (6): 2103-11.
16. Prior RL, Wu X, Schaich K. Standardized methods for the determination of antioxidant capacity and phenolics in foods and dietary supplements. J Agric Food Chem. 2005; 53(10): 4290-302.
17. Magalhaes LM, Segundo MA, Reis S, Lima JL. Methodological aspects about in vitro evaluation of antioxidant properties. Anal Chim Acta. 2008; 613(1):1-19.
18. Akbari V, Jamei R, Heidari R, Esfahlan AJ. Antiradical activity of different parts of Walnut (Juglans regia L.) fruit as a function of genotype. Food Chem. 2012; 135(4): 2404-10.
19. Savage GP, Dutta PC, McNeil DL. Fatty acid and tocopherol contents and oxidative stability of walnut oils. J Am Oil Chem Soc. 1999; 76(9): 1059–63.
20. Arranz S, Cert R, Pérez-Jiménez J, Cert A, Saura-Calixto F. Comparison between free radical scavenging capacity and oxidative stability of nut oils. Food Chem. 2008; 110: 985–90.
21. Miraliakbari H, Shahidi F. Antioxidant activity of minor components of tree nut oils. Food Chem. 2008; 111: 421-27.